From Monday 13th July the following by-laws will be imposed as a temporary measure during the COVID-19 epidemic. These by-laws will be constantly reviewed and amended in line with Scottish Government regulations regarding social distancing.
1. ALL members must adhere to current published Scottish Government social distancing regulations.
2. The Clubhouse will remain closed, excepting when a bar service is made available at the committee's discretion.
3. Access to the bowls house is limited. No more than 4 members to be in the bowls house at any one time.
4. Any member who has COVID-19 symptoms or if anyone in their household displays symptoms, this member should stay at home and follow NHS guidance.
5. Players can
· Practice individually.
· Play games with members of their own household
· Play games with members of up to four other households.
· A maximum of 24 players can play on the green at any one time.
· The current physical distancing measures must be observed in ALL the above cases.
6. Ashtrays will be removed from about the green. Members are requested not to use e-cigarettes or tobacco products.
7. Benches are available for changing shoes and for spectators. Hygiene and physical distancing must always be maintained.
8. Where advised, benches should not be used.
9. Sanitiser is available but it is recommended that members use their own sanitiser frequently throughout any game or while at the club.
1. All rinks are available for play, however, only singles and pairs games, as well as individuals for practice, are allowed - NO Triples or Rinks games.
2. Sticks and markers, except for rink markers, are not to be used.
3. Mats and jacks must be sanitised before/after each use and must be completely dry before being taken onto the green.
1. With the exception of Monday evenings 7:00 pm and Wednesday afternoons from 2:00 pm - these times are reserved for club use - members can arrange to play games at any time within usual hours.
2. There are no distinct sessions reserved other than those mentioned above.
3. Members must complete the register in the bowls house prior to play. Details of Date and those playing are to be recorded. Also the times when starting and ending the game must be recorded.
4. Rinks are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
5. No more than 4 players per rink.
6. To ensure limited contact during play either:
· One person must be nominated to manage the jack and mats and should be the only person on the rink to handle them. This person should place the mat and jack in accordance with the wishes of whoever has possession of the jack, in accordance with game rules.
· Each ‘lead’ uses a separate jack which should be set without use of hands. Only the leads can handle their respective jacks. Mats must still be handled by a single person on the rink.
7. Players must not share equipment (e.g. tapes, cloths etc.)
8. Only spray chalk can be used.
9. Players should not:
· Pick up another players bowl.
· Moisten their hands with saliva before delivery
· Shake hands, high five or have any physical contact with other people on the green out with their own household.
As per the temporary by-laws, there is no longer a need to book a rink in advance. When you attend the club to play/practice you must record your details in the register within the bowls house detailing who is playing and time when you entered and left the green. You can select any free rink on a first come basis.